Radial shaft seals, also known as rotary seals or lip seals, are used to seal rotary elements, such as a shaft or rotating bore.
JM Clipper Oil Seals are available from Ashton Seals in solid and split styles in both nitrile and viton®.
Originally developed in the 1930s for use on the Pan Am Clipper airplanes, today the full line of clipper oil seals are used in a wide range of equipment from pumps and gearboxes to construction and mining machinery through to industrial equipment.
Particularly useful with high bore and shaft eccentricity and on large diameters these highly effective seals are also commonly used in many industrial plants,
- Primary metals
- Pulp and paper
- Chemical and petrochemical
- Power generation
In addition to JM Clipper Oil Seals, Ashton Seals also has access to further products from the JM Clipper Sealing range, including:
Viton® is a registered trademark of DuPont Dow Elastomers. If you require genuine DuPont Viton® please specify this to our sales team.
- EXTRUSIONS: For especially large diameter shafts the JM Clipper combination aramid fibre/rubber profile can be supplied as an extrusion.
- UNEEPAC: Durable moulded packings for hydraulic and pneumatic reciprocating shaft applications.
- DUXSEAL: Sealing compound for a wide range of industrial and engineering applications
- PROTECH BEARING ISOLATORS: Low friction seals for washdown area and aggressive environments, drastically reducing running and maintenance costs.